Automatically assigning trust values or encrypting automatically via batch files

Alex Watson Alex@fundnet.ca
Fri Nov 29 17:50:02 2002

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C29795.342115E0

I am using gpg Windows version 1.2.1

I am trying to set up an automated environment where I use scripting/batch
files to perform various duties such as installing gpg, generating a key
pair, exporting keys, importing keys, encrypting and decrypting files.

I have been able to find how to do all except for one without needing user
intervention.   I can't get around GPG asking questions when encrypting data
for a public key I have imported unless I first go in using "GPG --edit-key
<id>"  and establish a trust value.
Once trust is established for the particular key, no question is posed when
encrypting.

Is there an option similar to --passphrase-fd 0 to use when encrypting
say --trust-yes  (--yes and --batch etc don't result in getting away from
the question being asked and the batch file hangs waiting for a keyboard
response)

The other way around it would be to have someway of assigning trust - that
could be done via batch without questions being asked.   There is such an
option for creating a key pair.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex Watson

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C29795.342115E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE type=3Dtext/css>P {
	MARGIN: 0px auto
}
UL {
	MARGIN: 0px auto
}
OL {
	MARGIN: 0px auto
}
DL {
	MARGIN: 0px auto
}
DIR {
	MARGIN: 0px auto
}
MENU {
	MARGIN: 0px auto
}
PRE {
	MARGIN: 0px auto
}
</STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2722.900" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY leftMargin=3D1 topMargin=3D1 rightMargin=3D1><FONT face=3DTahoma =
size=3D2>
<DIV>
<DIV>I am using gpg Windows version 1.2.1</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am trying to set up an automated environment where I use =
scripting/batch=20
files to perform various duties such as installing gpg, generating a key =
pair,=20
exporting keys, importing keys, encrypting and decrypting files.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have been able to find how to do all except for one without =
needing user=20
intervention.&nbsp;&nbsp; I can't get around GPG asking questions when=20
encrypting data for a public key I have imported unless I first go in =
using "GPG=20
--edit-key &lt;id&gt;"&nbsp; and establish a trust value.</DIV>
<DIV>Once trust is established for the particular key, no question is =
posed when=20
encrypting.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Is there an option similar to --passphrase-fd 0&nbsp;to use when =
encrypting=20
say --trust-yes&nbsp; (--yes and --batch etc don't&nbsp;result in =
getting away=20
from the question being asked and the batch file&nbsp;hangs waiting for =
a=20
keyboard response)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The other way around it would be to have someway of assigning trust =

-&nbsp;that could be done via batch without questions being =
asked.&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
There is such an option for creating a key pair.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any help would be much appreciated.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Alex Watson</DIV><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C29795.342115E0--