Problem moving ~/.gnupg to another computer on network

Anita Lewis ajlewis2@intac.com
Sat Nov 30 16:37:01 2002

I have gnupg working on a computer.  I now have a second computer and have
it on a network with the first computer as the gateway.  I'm running Debian
woody and I have gpg v 1.0.7 on the first computer and 1.0.6 on the second.
For some reason I compiled it for the first one - as I recall there was a
feature involving getting a key using an email address that I wanted.

I copied ~/.gnupg from the first computer and put it in ~/ of the second
computer - same username.

When I run 'gpg -e -r ajlewis2@intac.com test-gpg' on the first computer I
get the expected test-gpg.gpg file.  On the second one I get this:

gpg: /home/ajlewis2/.gnupg/options:113: invalid option

I commented out line 113 which is 'keyserver-options honor-http-proxy'
Now I get this:

gpg: /home/ajlewis2/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: invalid file version 3
gpg: fatal: /home/ajlewis2/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: invalid trustdb
secmem usage: 1408/1408 bytes in 2/2 blocks of pool 1408/16384

What might be the problem?  Also, is there some way I can omit using the -r
switch when running gpg.  I see 'encrypt-to' followed by my ID in the
options file and wonder why it is not just using that. I'm talking about
machine #1 which will encrypt if I use -r.

Thanks.

--
Anita
GnuPG key: 1024D/9EDAC910