gpg: protection algorithm 254 is not supported

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Tue Oct 1 22:38:01 2002

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 04:09:56PM -0400, Pilkington, Christopher J. wrote:
> I've read what caused this error under 1.0.6 when exporting a key from
> 1.0.7.  But why is it happening under 1.2.0?
>
> Am I doing something bizarre?  What is with the IDEA message?  I don't use
> IDEA.

You can ignore the IDEA message.  As for the 254 problem, can you do:

gpg --export-secret-key 403fb2a7 | gpg --list-packets

After the line that begins "skey[3]: ..." there is a line that says
something like "iter+salt S2K, algo: 1...".  Can you tell me what the
line reads?  You can snip off the "salt" if you prefer.

Also, what version of GnuPG did you generate the key with?

David