MUAs supporting GnuPG FAQ update

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Thu Oct 3 23:36:02 2002

--=-S38adBcHHp2XUOTmW99O

Hi David,

Great list, thanks.

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 23:01, David Scribner wrote:

> MUA            OpenPGP  ASCII    How? (N,P,T)

Hmmm. OpenPGP means PGP/MIME, ASCII means Clearsigned, I assume. I'd
change the terminology, as clearsigned is specified in the OpenPGP RFC
iirc.

> Evolution         Y       Y       N

I don't know about other mailers, but I think the list should include
notes if some mailer has issues. Specifically:

 - evolution doesn't properly handle clearsigned messages - 80% of the
time the signature doesn't verify, and sometimes the message is not
recognized as a signature. The deveolpers do *not* intend to fix this
(at least that's when I last looked on the evo mailing list).
 - in 1.0.x versions, signed messages with attachments very often do not
verify and/or the generated signatures are corrupt. Haven't tried the
1.1.x versions.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
secure email with gpg                           http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTICE: subkey signature! request key 92082481 from keyserver.kjsl.com

--=-S38adBcHHp2XUOTmW99O

Signature policy: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/policy/email.20020822

--=-S38adBcHHp2XUOTmW99O--