how to delete a signature?

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Sat Oct 5 03:27:02 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 05:41:49PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i'm not exactly sure what a user ID is.  :(
>
> how do i remove 58D7BA3C [User id not found] from the list of people who
> have signed my key?

The user id in your case is "Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>".  Since
you only have one, enter "1" before using the "delsig" command.  Delsig
will prompt you for which signature you want to delete.

However, note that this signature will come back if you ever refresh
your key from a keyserver or another user.  Why bother to delete it?
It doesn't have any effect since the key that made it is expired.

David