ARRRGHHH Had GPG working, now it doesnt.

Alexandre Dulaunoy alex@conostix.com
Mon Sep 2 10:54:07 2002

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Reg Clemens wrote:

> in messages with GnuPG signatures.  But punching the line ALWAYS
> gives
>
>         Signature made Thu Aug 29 00:27:17 2002 MDT using DSA key ID BDDF997A
>         Can't check signature: public key not found
>
> So, something else is missing.
> Can somebody tell me what it is,- Ive tried grepping on everything
> that I can think of with no luck at all.

  As the  message of GnuPG are  really cool, the public  key for keyID
  0xBDDF997A is missing from your public key ring".  Have you migrated
  your secring,  pubring and trustdb  ?  check in your  home directory
  for the directory .gnupg

  Hope this helps.

  adulau

  [doc] http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html

--
			      Alexandre Dulaunoy -- http://www.foo.be/
  3B12 DCC2 82FA 2931 2F5B 709A 09E2 CD49 44E6 CBCD  ---   AD993-6BONE