gnupg 1.0.7 compiled for Windows

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Wed Sep 4 01:34:01 2002

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Johan Wevers wrote:

> Not everyone who develops open soucre software is so principial not to use
> copied software without paying. The windows tools I distribute from my site

It's not the question of being true to some (abstract) principles. On the
short term, at least. It's rather: can you afford to pay the bill on the
long run? You're starting to rely on something which is a) out of your
control b) has a commercially-driven incentive to remain a)

Good luck. You're going to need it.

> are GPLed, but I certainly didn't pay the official price for the compiler I
> used (actually I copied it from a former employer with his consent).

The first one is always for free. Unless you've got your private, quite
unlimited stash you're heading right on towards neck-irons, buster.

Have fun in the salt mines. You'll like it in there.