problem with --groups (Thanks)

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Mon Sep 9 05:10:02 2002

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 06:44:21AM +0100, john clark wrote:
>  --- David Shaw <dshaw@jabberwocky.com> wrote:
> >
> > gpg --group "hello 0x382c2523 0x8692324 0x48125CF2"
> >
> > David
> >

> So no equal signs either, like the one mentioned in
> the man page?
>
> You guys are as reliable as ever.
> Thanks.

You are using a *development* version of GnuPG.  Every time you run
it, it starts up with:

gpg: NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
gpg: It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
gpg: used in a production environment or with production keys

Development versions exist so people can play with them and find
problems.  They are not production releases.  If you find a bug, even
in the documentation, you could contribute a fix rather than scolding
people about it...

David