GnuPG server to make remote OpenPGP message

Alexandre Dulaunoy adulau@foo.be
Mon Sep 9 10:42:02 2002

Yes and no.

Yes, this is a solution for SMTP.

No, I  was more thinking about  something like a  gnupg application as
server.  When  you can  pass command to  it via  a secure way.   A mix
between the  "emacs-server" like  solution, an OCSP  server and  a pks
server.

Here is an example :

		      network
	     --------------------------
[application]-> [SPECIFIC-PROTOCOL] -> [GnuPG-server]
		auth / ident

		(command --encrypt X)

		(command --detach-sign X)

		(command x X)

This could be also seen as a GPGME via remote.

I just  want to know if  the idea is fully  crazy or if  could be done
without major security issue.

Thanks for any feedback.

adulau

--
			      Alexandre Dulaunoy -- http://www.foo.be/
  3B12 DCC2 82FA 2931 2F5B 709A 09E2 CD49 44E6 CBCD  ---   AD993-6BONE