GnuPG server to make remote OpenPGP message

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Sep 9 10:09:01 2002

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 18:36:37 +0200 (CEST), Alexandre Dulaunoy said:

> Hello,
> I was wondering  if somebody has already made a  GnuPG server to sign,
> encrypt message via the network. My  classical issue is not to have my
> private  keyring with  me.  Is there  somebody  who has  made this  or
> something like that before ?

So you mean something like this:

  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/geam/

  GEAM is a specialized mail transport agent (MTA) which takes care of
  encrypting all messages leaving your company.  Encryption can be
  configured using flexible configuration files (similar to the email
  aliases file).  Incoming mail can optionally be decrypted when the
  decryption key has been installed.  The software uses the PGP/MIME
  standard (RFC3156) for handling the mail; in the near future support
  for S/MIME will also be available.

  GEAM is transparent for a user and can be used to make email
  communication much more secure without the need for training all
  users.  Migration to desktop based encryption can easily be done on
  a per user base.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner