Pass phrase in config file

Timo Schulz twoaday@freakmail.de
Thu Sep 12 13:13:04 2002

On Tue Sep 10 2002; 22:59, Daniel Maier wrote:

> to type in my name and pass phrase. Is it possible to store these
> parameters during a session or in a config file so that GnuPG
> automatically decyphers using my name and pass phrase?

What about the GPG-Agent for Windows?

With it you can cache the passphrase instead of saving it in
cleartext into a file. And it's more comfortable, because any
program that uses GPG can use it. You just need to put the
"use-agent" option in your GPG options file.

You can download it here: http://www.winpt.org/agent.html

It's a W32 port of the original gpg-agent.c sources from the
GPG 1.1.x version.

        Timo