camram related question

Eric S. Johansson esj@harvee.billerica.ma.us
Sat Sep 14 04:52:02 2002

camram is in antispam system based on adding a proof of work postage
stamp (hashcash) to mail messages.  If you want the full spiel, go to
www.camram.org or e-mail me directly please.

Proof of work postage stamps have a variety of problems not the least of
which is the human factors issue of convincing people to sit and wait
while their machine calculates one stamp for every recipient.  As a
result, we would like to automatically transition user from hashcash
based stamps to a PGP compatible signature based stamp.

To this end, we would like to propagate public keys by embedding them in
every mail message containing a hashcash stamp.  We considered and
rejected indirect distribution mechanisms for a variety of reasons but
primarily because these keys are going to be generated (hopefully) in
large numbers and are effectively disposable.

I would like to find out if I can generate ASCII armored keys that are
just keys.  No web of Trust or any of the other overhead.

I would also like to know where the key rings breakdown in terms of size
and how can one query them to see if a key is present matching a
specific e-mail address.

Thanks in advance for any replies

---eric