PGP 7.x breaks GnuPG?

Gregory Ade gkade@bigbrother.net
Mon Sep 16 21:28:02 2002

--=-AZzm+XVDJC9FYxMZgAjM

I think I've posted something similar to this here before, but I've just
run into it again.

One of the clients we're working with apparently upgraded their version
of PGP, and now encrypted files they're sending to us are no longer able
to be decrypted by GPG 1.0.7.

gregory@burdata(pts/3):tmp 81 > gpg --verbose \
? --homedir=3D/usr/psl/config/GnuPG -d \
? --output GAPVSEYP_091202_210616 GAPVSEYP_091202_210616.ASC,1
gpg: armor header: Version: PGP 7.1
gpg: public key is D77143A7
gpg: using secondary key D77143A7 instead of primary key 8BBAD4AB
gpg: using secondary key D77143A7 instead of primary key 8BBAD4AB
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit ELG-E key, ID D77143A7, created 2000-04-06
      "Cast & Crew Payroll (Payroll) <payroll@castandcrew.com>"
gpg: TWOFISH encrypted data
gpg: decryption failed: bad key

That's all I can get out of it.  I can post additional debug output if
requested; none of it makes any sense to me.

This worked last week just fine, and nothing on our side of the file
exchange was changed at all, so I'm assuming the sender changed their
PGP software.

How do I get this to work again?  So far as I can tell, none of the keys
have changed.  I tried importing our secret key from GPG into
PGPFreeware (6.5.8, i think, from http://www.pgpi.com), but that didn't
work, either.

I'm at a loss, and really don't want to have to switch our systems over
to PGP from GnuPG...

Thanks in advance.

--=20
Gregory K. Ade <gkade@bigbrother.net>
http://bigbrother.net/~gkade
OpenPGP Key ID: EAF4844B  keyserver: pgpkeys.mit.edu

--=-AZzm+XVDJC9FYxMZgAjM

--=-AZzm+XVDJC9FYxMZgAjM--