Agent implementation

Florian Weimer Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Mon Sep 23 11:34:01 2002

Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> writes:

> This is intended.  I think it would be confusing when the pinentry
> pops up on another terminal and you have to switch to this terminal to
> enter the passphrase - if you at all recognize that there is another
> terminal waiting for an answer.

In my case, screen would tell me that I'd have to look at a certain
window.  I don't think such a setup is so obscure that it's unique.

My problem is that I plan to run GnuPG from within Emacs, and usually,
there's either no terminal at all, or a very dumb one (which is in no
way sufficient for pinentry-curses).  That's why the current approach
just does not work.

> We can either add an option to gpg-agent to ignore requests to switch
> the tty or DISPLAY or have an gpg option to do this.

Again, for my needs, a gpg-agent option would be the best choice.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/