compiling gpg 1.2.0 on HP-UX

David Ellement ellement@sdd.hp.com
Thu Sep 26 00:46:02 2002

On 020925, at 13:48:00, David Shaw wrote
> That makes little sense - if there were unresolved symbols, the
> compile should have failed, and if there were no unresolved symbols,
> then there should be nothing needed from liblber or libresolv.  Is
> there something unusual about your installation?  SOCKS maybe?

I don't claim to understand.  I didn't SOCKSify.

After compiling, checking and installing, I tried fetching a key from an
ldap keyserver.  It failed with a bind error, so I tried your eariler
ldaptest: that worked.  Fetching with 1.0.7 worked, so I ran 'chatr' on
both the 1.0.7 gpgkeys_ldap and the 1.2.0.  I noticed the 1.0.7 version
was linked against lber, but the 1.2.0 version wasn't.  So I ran 'make
clean' in the keysever directory, added -llber to LDOPTS, and ran make
again.  After re-installing, the ldap key fetch worked.

> Also, you said you saw the same thing on a Linux box.  Were the
> symptoms (compiled ok, but no DNS) the same?

I saw the same symptoms (compiled ok, but no DNS).  I don't know of a
Linux equivalent for chatr, but I checked the 1.2.0 keyserver/Makefile,
ran strings on the 1.0.7 and 1.2.0 gpgkeys_ldap files; remaking
gpgkeys_ldap with LDFLAGS set to '-lber -lresolv' seemed to make it
work.

The Linux box is RH 7.2, with the ldap stuff from the distribution rpms.
The box sits behind a Linksys router/switch.

--
David Ellement