compiling gpg 1.2.0 on HP-UX

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Wed Sep 25 19:47:02 2002

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 10:21:02AM -0700, David Ellement wrote:
> On 020925, at 11:49:06, David Shaw wrote

> > > The keyserver/Makefile only includes -lldap in gpgkeys_ldap_LDADD, so
> > > gpgkeys_ldap is unable to resolve host names.
> >
> > This doesn't make total sense.  The autoconf check should have
> > detected that.  Did you end up with a gpgkeys_ldap that didn't resolve
> > host names, or did it not compile at all?
>
> It compiled, but it didn't resolve host names; it worked with IP
> addresses.  I've attached the sections from config.log that had to do
> with configuring for the ldap interface.  (The string 'lber' doesn't
> appear anywhere in config.log)

That makes little sense - if there were unresolved symbols, the
compile should have failed, and if there were no unresolved symbols,
then there should be nothing needed from liblber or libresolv.  Is
there something unusual about your installation?  SOCKS maybe?

Also, you said you saw the same thing on a Linux box.  Were the
symptoms (compiled ok, but no DNS) the same?

David