Using multiple subkeys in GPG

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Sep 26 09:21:02 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 20:59:02 +0200, Andreas John said:

> Is this the only way? Shouldn't the "sc"-Flags be missing in the "--list-secret-keys --with-colons" too?

No.  Those flags might be used to check whether a key was used
correctly for signing.  They have nothing to do with the availability
of the secret key.

Think of a smartcard: you may have access to the secret key but as
long as the card is not plugged in a program can't tell you for sure.

However, I agree that in a gpg --list-secret-keys you should have a
way to see whether there is just a stub key.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner