OT

markus_kampkoetter markus_kampkoetter@t-online.de
Mon Mar 31 23:33:01 2003

James R. Hendrick schrieb:
> I hate to step in this one, because there are excellent points on both
> sides. However, I must make a point where I make a distinction between
> professionalism and indifference. I may or may not agree with what is posted
> on the GnuPG site (or on an Oracle site, or on a Sun or Microsoft site).
> Would you feel the same way if GnuPG had an American flag supporting our
> troops, but also wishing for an end to the war?

personally i am not very fond of flaggs (of course except the yellow-black of my
favorite football team), there is a risk of nationalism in it that is different
from patriotism.

> In my opinion, these expressions have little to do with their
> professionalism in the creation, distribution or support of a product. If
> you feel your clients will be offended by your recommendation of GnuPG, I
> hope you (and they) will understand that this expression is perhaps more
> open and forward than some found on other sites, but should not reflect on
> you or on the product. In fact it is these freedoms that America has (and
> continues to) fight for.

the problem seems to be what the u.s. are doing at the moment. hardly anybody in
the entire world believes it is freedom they are fighting for.

> Sincerely hoping that the War will end and all brave and innocent people
> will be allowed to return to their families, and that those families will be
> allowed to live in peace and freedom.

i do not doubt your sincerety (does this word exist?) but what makes the
discussion being confrontative sometimes and people feeling helpless is that we
all know for sure that your wish will not come true (except for the end of the
war). that makes me angry as hell (not about you).

> Jim Hendrick

respect

markus

--