A GnuPG oddity (decompression)

Maxine Brandt ninjaforce@netcourrier.com
Mon Apr 7 22:31:02 2003

Falissard wrote:
> Here is a weird thing that I found when comparing
> PGP and GnuPG.
> You'll find below some conventionally encrypted data
> (the passphrase to decrypt is "test").
> It is decrypted OK by PGP and GnuPG.
> BUT GnuPG generates garbled data.
> (I've tried GnuPG v1.0.6 and v1.2.1).
> This has something to do with decompression,
> because I get no problem with non-compressed data.
> Thanks for any suggestion.

Decrypting with GPG 1.2.1-nrl and Enigmail in Mozilla I got three
sections of corrupted text. When I open my mail window full width I
see these three sections exceed the width of the rest of the text and
the corruption begins at the point where these sections exceed other
lines, so maybe there's a line-wrap problem.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Maxine

My keys are at: http://www.torduninja.tk