Problem importing S/MIME certificates into GPGSM

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed Apr 9 17:35:02 2003

See www.gnupg.org or send a message with subject "subscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org.

> The reason I wanted to try it - is that we in Denmark have gotten a digital certifikate solution that is pkcs12 certifikates.

PKCS#12 is merely a transport format for all kind of stuff, usually
used for the private key and the certificate.  Look out for an option
to export a certificate in binary (DER) format.

> gpgsm --call-protect-tool  --p12-import --store certkey.p12

> I get this output:
> gpg-protect-tool: gpg-agent is not available in this session
> gpg-protect-tool: error while asking for the passphrase

You need to start the agent in the background first:

$ eval `gpg-agent --daemon`

the the import might work.  PCKS#12 support is very basic.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of