GPG agent for automated processing

Ingo Klöcker ingo.kloecker@epost.de
Thu Apr 10 00:13:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_o7Il+G/mXd8wZzR

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 18:31, Joseph Bruni wrote:
> Instead, I would like to know if anyone uses or would suggest the use
> of the gpg-agent for automating decryption. Presumably, the
> passphrase would need to be known only once as the system is started
> by an operator. Since our system almost never needs to be cycled, I'm
> thinking this might be a good approach.
>
> Any suggestions, comments?

Well, gpg-agent caches the passphrase for a defined amount of time. I'm=20
not sure if it's possible to cache the passphrase forever. But you=20
could try to start it with an extraordinary high value after the=20
=2D-default-cache-ttl option. The ttl is given in seconds. ttl is an=20
unsigned long. So unless your system is restarted less often then at=20
least once every 2^32 seconds then gpg-agent should suit your needs.

Regards,
Ingo

--Boundary-02=_o7Il+G/mXd8wZzR

--Boundary-02=_o7Il+G/mXd8wZzR--