do_plaintext() error message

Hunter, Bryan Bryan_Hunter@archway.com
Thu Apr 24 19:14:02 2003

Thank you Steve.

It was the "-" at the end of the command line that caused the error message.
Removing it also increased the size of the output file considerably (17KB)
so I presume that there was some corruption.

This error message was briefly mentioned 5 years ago by Werner Koch and
Matthew Skala.  Is there some place where this issue should be further
addressed?

Thanks for your help,
Bryan Hunter

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Butler [mailto:sbutler@fchn.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 11:37 AM
To: 'Kyle Hasselbacher'
Cc: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: RE: do_plaintext() error message

It does appear that time is a built-in and is not affected by any IO
redirection on the command line.

Testing on my box did not elicit the error.  I did

time tar -cf - [directory] | gpg --no-batch --always-trust --recipient
[myself] --output web.pgp --encrypt
File `web.pgp' exists. Overwrite (y/N)? y
    2.99s real     0.94s user     0.02s system

Note:  --always-trust is needed solely due to the way we handle keys.