verification of clearsigned e-mails // question/request

Denis McCauley DenisMcCauley@ifrance.com
Wed Apr 30 00:15:02 2003

--------------enig6C2A6020A4FBBBDF3BFF9AC7

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

<snip>
> Even better: nag those who send broken signatures to fix their systems. I
> guess in 90% of the cases the problem is at the sender's end.

Hmmm. I'm not so sure about that as far as Windows mail programs are
concerned. I spent more than two months trying to get reliable clear-signing
on my w2k system before I found Enigmail, and more than 50% of the test
messages I sent which did not verify at reception were good in my outbox.

The worst offender is Eudora. Clear-signed messages which verify in
Enigmail, Outlook, Outlook Express, and Pegasus rarely verify in Eudora.
Outlook and OE also gave problems at the reception end until I installed PGP
with the plugins for these (PGP 8x or 6.5.8ckt for Outlook, PGP 8x only for
OE). Current-window or clipboard clear-signing with GPG now works fine on
these with the PGP plugins there.

Cheers

 Denis McCauley
 GPG/PGP keys at http://www.djmccauley.tk