Data not decrypting

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Fri Aug 1 19:38:03 2003

Interesting.  Does look like your friend encrypted to three different
recipients.  In your test of encrypting a file to yourself also include two
other recipients and see if you can decrypt it OK.  Should work fine, but
that's the only thing I see that might be causing problems.

If the file was transferred in ASCII mode rather than Binary, I'd expect gpg
to complain and abort.  So, I doubt that is a factor (besides, attached
binary files "should" be ok).

The final idea is really off the wall.  Don't supposed she encrypted it
twice?  Hmm.  I haven't played with that to see what gpg would do.  The only
scenario I can imagine is encrypting a file to a third party, then encrypt
it to an intermediary, send it to the intermediary to decrypt and forward
the resulting file on to the third party.  Doesn't make much sense -- but
then a lot of things in life fall into that category.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.