PGP8

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-gnupg@lists.manxome.org
Fri Aug 1 19:56:02 2003

--PmA2V3Z32TCmWXqI

* Todd <Freedom_Lover@pobox.com> [2003-08-01T13:48:52]
> Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> > Who knows!  Fortunately, GnuPG provides a free implementation, so we can
> > consult the source when we find problems.  With PGP8, it's not possible
> > to find bugs that way.
>=20
> That's not completely true.  You can download the PGP source code[1] and
> check it out for bugs.  Certainly, it's not "free software" as in liberty,
> but at least they are making the source somewhat available.

Interesting.

This quote

	PGP Corporation is the only secure messaging vendor to publish
	source code for peer review so customers, cryptography experts, and
	others may validate product integrity.=20

seems like a blatant lie.  Do they say that GnuPG.org is not a vendor
because it does not charge money?

--=20
rjbs

--PmA2V3Z32TCmWXqI