Evolution signatures

Adrian von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Tue Aug 5 10:50:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_iA3L/2xqjDzX6P6

<general rant on evo and PGP...>
You may find some discussions I had with the evo people about various PGP/G=
PG=20
issues. I generally had the impression that GPG has a low priority for the=
=20
evo people, and that the architecture of evo is fundamentally flawed since=
=20
they need to integrate the GPG stuf in (IMHO) the wrong place - the PGP/MIM=
E=20
implementation in evo was probably one of the buggiest for a long time.

Inline PGP has flaws, as soon as non-ascii chars are encrypted (and of cour=
se=20
there's the missing protection for attachments). Yes, it mostly works. That=
's=20
why I chose PGP/MIME. To those using M$ products not able to display these=
=20
mails: tough luck. I don't care in most cases. For private communication - =
as=20
John noted - kmail offers the choice to do inline sigs as well.

(... and Novell now owning evo is just one more reason to switch to another=
=20
mailer... )

Oh, well, I'll shut up now, no problem.
=2D- vbi