I recently start to use the gnupg for windows

Neil Williams linux@codehelp.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 22:09:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_99AM/pdBNROzuQ7

On Tuesday 05 Aug 2003 7:56 pm, Cesar Augusto wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have unpacked the software and created my public and personal key with
> gnupg. I'm working in a little enterprise and we have 10 computers. The
> case is that we wanna probe the software for electronic signing our email=
s.
> We use Outloot Express... how do I do  it?

You can't. Outlook Express can't handle your keys directly, so you can try:

GPGrelay - a Windows program which can be used to use GnuPG with all MUAs.=
=20
http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/related_software/frontends.html
BUT: there are security implications:
Caution!
 This Program is not meant to be the security overkill, in fact it even mak=
es=20
secure communication a little bit more insecure, but it enables all=20
email-clients to use GPG for secure mail-transfer over the internet (so=20
eavesdropping should only be possible from the local machine).
  Therefore is it not recommended that you use this program on a machine wh=
ere=20
many users have access-privilege!
 http://sites.inka.de/tesla/gpgrelay.html
=20

There is a plugin for Outlook on the same page, but OE doesn't use a plugin=
=20
system. (IIRC, you are supposed to PURCHASE a different, non-PGP certificat=
e=20
compatible with OE, at least according to MS. Problem is that many (most?)=
=20
non-MS clients cannot understand the MS digital certificate.)

Alternatively, ditch OE entirely. You'll protect yourself from no end of=20
internet worms and vulnerabilities and you can use a decent, standard=20
compliant, email program instead.=20
Mozilla Mail can use GnuPG via Enigmail,=20
Pegasus can use QDGPG -  a GnuPG plugin for Pegasus Mail (Win32).=20
Eudora can use EudoraGPG - a plugin for the proprietary Eudora MUA.=20

(All this is on the gnupg site - OE is omitted from the listing because it=
=20
can't do the job. Please check the site.)

=2D-=20

Neil Williams
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
http://www.codehelp.co.uk