Testing Mozilla with Enigmail.

Adam Pavelec apavelec@benefit-services.com
Tue Aug 5 23:19:03 2003

--------------enig6BC04EF057A8D5E32F557262

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

> I seem to now be able (after posting to nj.test) send inline signed
> messages with Mozilla and Enigmail.

> When I read signed posts here, they all come up with a pen (indicating
> signed) overlaid with a red question mark, indicating the signature is
> missing from my keyring. This is not a surprise.

I am also testing Thunderbird/Enigmail -- I am fairly certain that this
means that the key/s in question is/are UNTRUSTED; although I have a
feeling that the red question mark /could/ mean different things in
different circumstances.

> I should be able to click on that question mark and have it download a
> signature from a keyserver. I stuck in the following keyserver that
> normally works for me:

When I click the red question mark from your message, I receive a dialog
box stating "UNTRUSTED Good signature from..." with all of your key's
credentials.  I'd imagine that if I were to assign a level of trust to
your key and perhaps sign it, the red question mark would no longer
appear...

-Adam