Evolution signatures

Carl L. Gilbert lamont_gilbert@rigidsoftware.com
Wed Aug 6 13:23:02 2003

--=-0mNAjRjxfxsD9sdMLGP2

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 02:10, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 August 2003 20:44, Carl L. Gilbert wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 09:00, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
>=20
> > > The thing I'd wish is a way to also
> > > protect (sign - not encrypt, obviously) mail headers (IIRC this was
> > > already discussed here.)
> >
> > I dont think you want to do that.  Mail headers are allowed to be
> > changed by the server now.  Plus each server passed through will add
> > some of its own information.  in fact headers dont get added till after
> > the message is sent.
>=20
> I was not clear enough, sorry.
>=20
> What I want is not protect all mail headers, but those that may be releva=
nt=20
> for the interpretation of a mail - namely From, To, Subject, perhaps Date=
 -=20
> because when I receive a mail, it might have a completely different meani=
ng=20
> depending on the Subject, or depending on the From: address.
>=20

If you want assurance on those headers (or their meanings), that a job
for the mail system, not a signing system.  PGP can't help you there.

--=20
Thank you,

CL Gilbert
man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard." Ecclesiastes
9:16

GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
82A6 8893 C2A1 F64E A9AD  19AE 55B2 4CD7 80D2 0A2D
GNU Privacy Guard http://www.gnupg.org (Encryption and Digital
Signatures)

--=-0mNAjRjxfxsD9sdMLGP2

--=-0mNAjRjxfxsD9sdMLGP2--