Evolution signatures

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Aug 6 19:08:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_kZTM/Obd2P6TwRa

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 13:24, Carl L. Gilbert wrote:

> If you want assurance on those headers (or their meanings), that a job
> for the mail system, not a signing system.  PGP can't help you there.

Strongly disagree. Mail headers are for communication between MUAs mostly.=
=20
Communication between MTAs should (and in the vast majority of cases does)=
=20
only ever add new headers, but not interpret any old headers - that is why =
we=20
have an envelope, after all.

The only exception I can see right now is some cases of the old unix=20
/sbin/sendmail interface, and things like mailing lists, mail/news gateways=
=20
and vacation style autoresponders which are somewhere between MUA and MTA.

cheers
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20
featured link: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/subkeys