Digest Mail problems (was Re: Signing headers...)

Stewart V. Wright svwright+lists@amtp.liv.ac.uk
Thu Aug 7 21:18:02 2003

--PmA2V3Z32TCmWXqI

Adrian,

> While we're bitching about mailers and so on... your mail has no

Ooohhh...  That's thin ice you're walking on there mate.  I'm using
mutt and it does _everything_ right!  ;-)

Seriously though, this is a problem with replying to mailing lists
that one receives in a digest -- all the headers are stripped...

If anyone has a solution I'd love to hear it, this is something I've
been contemplating for a while, and I can't see how to get around it.

It is a major problem with MIME encoded signed messages.  I've hacked
together a script that re-MIME-encodes digest mails that have been
split (using formail) and allows verification of the signatures in 99%
of the cases (I am yet to see a failure, but I can visualise a case
where it would).

S.

--PmA2V3Z32TCmWXqI

Signature policy: http://www.liv.ac.uk/~svwright/security/gpg-policy.html