NAI PGP Keyserver with OpenLDAP

C.Hackenschmidt stoffita@web.de
Fri Aug 29 16:30:02 2003

> > > GnuPG Win32
> > > client didn't
> > > Open PGP data.
> and Win32, too.
> > >
> > > Can you give me an example of what you mean?  How did you put the
> > > keys into the LDAP server in the first place?
> > >
> > > David
> >
> > Well, in the first place I used ldif-files and ldapadd(OpenLDAP) to
> > store the info in the OpenLDAP-Server.
> > Then I sniffed network traffic with different clients and
> different servers.
> > With this info I found out that the Keys coming from
> > ldap://keyserver.pgp.com don't have CRLF but LF to separate
> the lines
> > and it worked.
> > The keys coming from my OpenLDAP had CRLFs and WinGnuPG
> complained but
> > Linux Version didn't.
>
> Interesting.  The code path that LDAP imports follow is
> actually the same path that file imports follow.  Can you try
> creating a CRLF-delimited key file and importing it via
> --import on the Win32 client?
>
> David

Sure, that's no problem at all. It's like generating one with GnuPG,
exporting, and then importing it again.
Well, that works. I used keys from CAs, too and it worked. Even, like I said
if I copy and paste it from an LDAP-Browser it works.
Only when directly trying to import it via LDAP it doesn't and only with
WinGnuPG. This seems really bizarre, doesn't it.
Could it be a compiling problem?

Greetz
Chris