NAI PGP Keyserver with OpenLDAP

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Fri Aug 29 16:43:02 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 04:32:23PM +0200, C.Hackenschmidt wrote:
> > Interesting.  The code path that LDAP imports follow is
> > actually the same path that file imports follow.  Can you try
> > creating a CRLF-delimited key file and importing it via
> > --import on the Win32 client?

> Sure, that's no problem at all. It's like generating one with GnuPG,
> exporting, and then importing it again.
> Well, that works. I used keys from CAs, too and it worked. Even, like I said
> if I copy and paste it from an LDAP-Browser it works.
> Only when directly trying to import it via LDAP it doesn't and only with
> WinGnuPG. This seems really bizarre, doesn't it.
> Could it be a compiling problem?

It looks like a LDAP library problem.  Let's test for that.  Try
adding a "keyserver-options keep-temp-files" to your gpg.conf file.
Try and retrieve a CRLF-delimited key from your LDAP server and look
at the temp file.

The temp file will be in a directory named gpg-XXXXXX where the XXXXXX
is random text, and that directory will be in your temp folder
(c:\windows\temp I believe).

David