Weird scenario garbage key on keyserver can it be removed?

John Courie admin at petridish.org
Mon Dec 1 13:14:23 CET 2003

So if I am reading the documentation correctly,
if I lost my private key (theft of laptop: fat lot of good it did them with an encrypted $HOME and the need for a boot floppy and 12 char root password) )

and the offsite backup of the private key is gone too (bloddy breakup w/ philandering-g-friend)

then there is no way to get the key off the keyserver list?

what is the protocol in that case just generate a new key and hope people use the new one?