making it easy to find keys

Atom 'Smasher' atom-gpg at suspicious.org
Thu Dec 4 07:33:21 CET 2003

> G'day Atom,   (???)
======================
yeah, that's my real name...

<snip>

> Also for accuracy I like using the term PGP or Open-PGP rather than
> GPG.  It's the open standard that we are following -- and it should be
> clear to non GPG users that a GPG generated key will work with any
> Open-PGP compliant client.
======================
i was thinking along the same lines, for ideological reasons. i'm leaning
towards "OpenPGP" (or "Open-PGP"). as much as i happen to be partial
towards a particular implementation (GnuPG), the goal should be
compatibility and communication, *not* some subtle (and confusing, to
some) attempt to be a cheerleader for a particular implementation.

> Well that is my $0.02 (more like $5.12 but that is a side issue)...
======================
you'll be credited $0.015, after inflation ;)

> Nice thread to start BTW.
thanks!

	...atom

 PGP key - http://smasher.suspicious.org/pgp.txt
 3EBE 2810 30AE 601D 54B2 4A90 9C28 0BBF 3D7D 41E3

	"Who controls the past controls the future.
	 Who controls the present controls the past."
		-- George Orwell