port 80 keyserver access (was Re: GPG Recipients List)

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Dec 4 19:31:01 CET 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 07:12:22PM -0500, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 10:53:57PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> > On Thursday 04 Dec 2003 1:13 am, Oertel, Paul wrote:
>
> > > I have nothing against registering it on a key server. I just haven't
> > > gotten around to doing it. I'm not really sure if I can reach the key
> > > server through our firewall. Is there a web interface that I can use?
>
> I've had this page for a while:
>
>    http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/skylane/pks-commands2.php
>
> but GPG's keyserver interface doesn't support it yet.

It won't.  There are an infinite number of ways that different scripts
can be used to relay keyserver commands.  We can't support every
single one.

> But more recently, one (SKS) keyserver has started listening on port
> 80:
>
>   keys.se.linux.org

That is the proper solution if you want a keyserver that runs on port
80: actually run a keyserver on port 80, port forward, or run a proxy
that forwards.  None of those solutions require a custom keyserver
syntax.

David