port 80 keyserver access (was Re: GPG Recipients List)

Jason Harris jharris at widomaker.com
Thu Dec 4 19:12:22 CET 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 10:53:57PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Thursday 04 Dec 2003 1:13 am, Oertel, Paul wrote:

> > I have nothing against registering it on a key server. I just haven't
> > gotten around to doing it. I'm not really sure if I can reach the key
> > server through our firewall. Is there a web interface that I can use?

I've had this page for a while:

   http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/skylane/pks-commands2.php

but GPG's keyserver interface doesn't support it yet.  But more recently,
one (SKS) keyserver has started listening on port 80:

  keys.se.linux.org

> Alternatively, use one of these keyserver websites:
> http://keyserver.kjsl.com:11371/
> http://pgp.mit.edu/
> http://pgp.uk.demon.net/pks/pks-commands.html
> http://sks.dnsalias.net/

These require port 11371 connectivity to actually send and receive keys.

--
Jason Harris          | NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
jharris at widomaker.com | web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/