RSA key size restriction?

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Thu Dec 11 08:54:47 CET 2003

(Yes, this goes a bit OT)

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 21:52, Malte Gell wrote:
> But think of a 30 year
> old human rights activist in a dictatorship, [...]

The 30 year old activist will find himself shot as soon as govt sees that he
uses encrypted communication at all. As an inquisitor, finding a suspicious
message I can't read, I will automatically take this as proof that the
suspect commits high treason. Remember, we're talking about a dictatorship
here, so the fact that there's no 'proof' (by our standards) does not matter
at all.

cheers
-- vbi

--