Change comments?

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Mon Dec 15 23:09:10 CET 2003

Am Montag, 15. Dezember 2003 19:44 schrieb Neil Williams:
> On Monday 15 Dec 2003 6:20 pm, Malte Gell wrote:
> > Am Montag, 15. Dezember 2003 15:40 schrieb David Shaw:
> > > The comments are part of the user ID string, and are not
> > > changeable.
> >
> > Would it be a bad idea to change this? For instance I have a key
> > solely
>
> The comment is part of the identity of the user and changing the
> comment is akin to changing the email or the name - those who had
> signed that UID would have every right to be upset.

I overlooked this point, maybe some people don't recognize how strict
the comment is bound to the id of a user and regard it as a kind of
volatile information... It just may happen easily one creates a key,
distributes it and thinks 2 days later "oh wait...", creating a key
shouldn't be done too impatiently ;-)