Output file to specific directory?

Peter Schott pschott at drivefinancial.com
Wed Dec 17 08:05:51 CET 2003

Unfortunately, that doesn't work.  It still decrypts the file to the
directory the original is located in rather than the current working
directory.  Seems strange to me, but I guess that's the way it's
designed.  Is this by design or is that a bug?

-Pete

On 15/12/03 11.35, Peter Schott wrote:
> I'm using the Windows port of GPG and am trying to place the encrypted
> or decrypted file in a different directory than the one where the
> original file resides.  So far, I've found no way to push the output
> a different directory.  When I run GPG from the desired directory, it
> still places the output in the directory with the original file.
>
> Any ideas on how to make this work short of batching a move after the
> encrypt/decrypt?  Is this even possible in GPG?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I might be wrong, but how about doing something like:

  Find the current directory.
  Find absolute path of file.
  Cd to output directory.
  Invoke gpg command on file with absolute path.
  Cd to previous directory.

Would that work?

/dossen