problem with gpa-0.6.0

Miguel Coca mcoca@gnu.org
Mon Feb 3 01:27:01 2003

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 18:02:32 +0100, Thomas Arend wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 26. Januar 2003 11:51 schrieb S C:
> > hi,
> > i installed the gpgme-0.4.0, with no problems, but i have the following
> > error msg when trying to install gpa-0.6.0 :
> >
> > [t@localhost gpa-0.6.0]$ ./configure
> > checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr//bin/install -c
> > checking whether build environment is sane... yes
> > checking for gawk... gawk
> > checking for bison... bison
> > checking version of bison... 1.35, ok
> > checking whether NLS is requested... yes
> > checking whether included gettext is requested... no
> > checking for GNU gettext in libc... yes
> > checking for pkg-config... /usr//bin/pkg-config
> > checking for GTK+ - version >=3D 2.0.0... no
> > *** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
> > *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
> > for the
> > *** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly
> > installed.
> > configure: error: Cannot find GTK+ 2.0
> > [t@localhost gpa-0.6.0]$
>=20
> Had the same error Message on an SuSE 8.1 System.

Actually, I've got S C's config.log, and GTK is properly found, unlike
in SuSE. However the test program does not link correctly due to
unresolved symbols (this may be due to the lack of pango-devel and
atk-devel, now that I think of it).=20

I'm CC'ing him on this, as I know he does not subscribe to this list.

> You should also check for pango-devel and atk-devel. If they are realy=20
> requierd I don't know. I got this info from Miguel who had it from anothe=
r=20
> discussion.
>
> [snip]
>
> Thanks to Miguel Coca who solved my problem just today.

Actually, the credit must go to Steffen Michalek, who first told me
the steps he followed to compile GPA on SuSE.

Thanks,
--=20
Miguel Coca (mcoca@gnu.org)                http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3