problem with gpa-0.6.0

Thomas Arend Thomas.Arend@t-online.de
Sun Feb 2 18:02:02 2003

Am Sonntag, 26. Januar 2003 11:51 schrieb S C:
> hi,
> i installed the gpgme-0.4.0, with no problems, but i have the following
> error msg when trying to install gpa-0.6.0 :
>
> [t@localhost gpa-0.6.0]$ ./configure
> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr//bin/install -c
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking for bison... bison
> checking version of bison... 1.35, ok
> checking whether NLS is requested... yes
> checking whether included gettext is requested... no
> checking for GNU gettext in libc... yes
> checking for pkg-config... /usr//bin/pkg-config
> checking for GTK+ - version >=3D 2.0.0... no
> *** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
> for the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly
> installed.
> configure: error: Cannot find GTK+ 2.0
> [t@localhost gpa-0.6.0]$

Had the same error Message on an SuSE 8.1 System.

rpm -qa | gep gtk would do for a check.

Run
=09thomas@r1:~> rpm -qa | grep gtk2
=09gtk2-engines-1.9.0-193
=09gtk2-2.0.6-51
=09gtk2-devel-2.0.6-71
=09gtk2-themes-0.1-112
=09gtk2-doc-2.0.6-71
=09thomas@r1:~>

You need the gtk2-devel-2.x.x-xx.

You should also check for pango-devel and atk-devel. If they are realy=20
requierd I don't know. I got this info from Miguel who had it from anothe=
r=20
discussion.

Run
=09thomas@r1:~> rpm -qa | grep atk-devel
=09atk-devel-1.0.3-45
=09thomas@r1:~> rpm -qa | grep pango
=09pango-devel-1.0.4-46
=09pango-1.0.4-46
=09thomas@r1:~>

On Suse there is a config problem with pkg-config

Run pkg-config --list-all. If you get no output or you will not find gtk+=
-2.0

Run=20
=09thomas@r1:~> pkg-config --list-all --debug=09
=09Option --debug seen
=09Error printing enabled by default due to use of --version, --libs, --c=
flags,
=09--l                          ibs-only-l, --libs-only-L, --libs-only-ot=
her,
=09--cflags-only-I, --cflags-only-oth                          er or --li=
st.
=09Value of --silence-errors: 0
=09Error printing enabled
=09Cannot open directory '/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig' in package search pat=
h: No
=09such file or directory

If you get the above result, you have a problem with pk-config. It is=20
installed in an different lib. My solution was to add a link to the corre=
ct=20
lib.

Run=20
=09thomas@r1:~> su -c "ln -s /usr/lib/pkgconfig /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"
=09thomas@r1:~>=20

Now run ./configure again and see what happend.

Thanks to Miguel Coca who solved my problem just today.

Hope this helps a bit further.

Thomas

[snip]