COMPARISON & question

carl w spitzer cwsiv_home1@juno.com
Thu Feb 20 02:38:02 2003

In linux we can have encrypted partitions which can be used to protect on
disk information.

In Windows there are some few other programs but still data survives in
some form if you open a file some part of it might survive in the swap
partition.

Does a program like Eraser 5.6 adequately address this problem or should
something like Norton wipefile / wipespace also need to be used?

Freeware suggestions are of course welcome.

For those with multi boot abilitys we can mount the windows partitions
backup the data and zero that partiton before restoring the files.  what
I dont know is how effective such a protocol would be.

Scripts for automating such tasks are welcome.

         o      _____            |     CWSIV_HOME1@JUNO.COM    |

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com