Listing the signatures of a certain UserID

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Fri Jan 3 08:25:02 2003

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 05:07:22PM -0800, Olaf Gellert wrote:

> I am using GPG as basis for a certification script. The
> signing I actually do with
>
>  gpg --yes --edit keyID number_of_uid sign save
>
> What I would like to do is to list all the signatures for
> a certain userid (before signing it). I can use
>
>  gpg --edit keyID number_of_uid check
>
> but this lists just the signatures, for which keys are
> present in the keyring (the keyring on the certification
> host will usually not contain more than the key to be
> signed and the key of the certification authority).

I guess I'm not exactly sure what you need this information for - if
the keys that are needed to check those signatures are not present,
then the signatures are potentially (very) misleading - i.e. they can
be forged, invalid, etc, and you'd never know.

David