elGamal Keys to Sign+Encrypt

Olaf Gellert private@asgard.cert.dfn.de
Mon Jan 13 22:47:12 2003

Hi all,

I just tried to generate an elGamal-only key (for
signing and encryption). I noticed, that obviously
the elGamal-only keys are deprecated in GPG version
1.2.1 and you can only generate them in the expert-
mode. Some issues (security flaws, ...) with these
keys?

We are thinking about which keys we want to sign
with our certification authority, so are there any
arguments against elGamal (besides that nearly
no application can handle them)?

Cheers... Olaf
--

Olaf Gellert                                            _ - __o
  gellert@arasca.de                                    _- _`\<,_