elGamal Keys to Sign+Encrypt

Volker Gaibler volker.gaibler@urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jan 14 00:41:02 2003

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 01:23:44PM +0100, Olaf Gellert wrote:
> mode. Some issues (security flaws, ...) with these
> keys?
>
> We are thinking about which keys we want to sign
> with our certification authority, so are there any
> arguments against elGamal (besides that nearly
> no application can handle them)?

Don't know too much about security issues for ElGamal keys, but I can
just agree with the status "deprecated" because they're *really* slow
and when you want to use them to verify emails your readers won't be too
happy. I just deleted one because waiting for more than one minute just
to verify a signature is not too comfortable. Of course this doesn't
mean you should not certify them.

Volker

--
 Volker Gaibler                                 contact:
 http://www.volker-gaibler.de                   mail@volker-gaibler.de