Error during make - i386ld fatal:Symbol referencing error

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Wed Jan 15 17:11:02 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 10:36:35AM -0500, John Hill wrote:
> Thanks David.
>
> I issued command
>      cc -g -o bftest bftest.o ../cipher/libcipher.a ../mpi/libmpi.a
> ../util/libutil.a \
>      -lsocket -lnsl ../intl/libintl.a
>
> on the command line from the tools subdirectory and received the same error
> message, which I have included again.

Ah, I love the game of "guess the dependency"!

Can you take a look in your /usr/lib directory and see which library
defines the missing symbols?

You might also try -lresolv (which in turn may require -lnsl - try
both).

David