TAB at EOL (GPG and PGP interoperability)

vedaal@hush.com vedaal@hush.com
Wed Jan 15 19:20:10 2003

>Message: 10
>Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:32:30 -0500
>From: David Shaw <dshaw@jabberwocky.com>
>To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
>Subject: Re: TAB at EOL (GPG and PGP interoperability)
..
>  However: if you are
>using
>a v3 RSA key, GnuPG guesses you want to be compatible with PGP 2.x,
> so
>it includes the tab.  Using the --openpgp flag makes this strictly
>RFC-2440, so it will not include the tab.
..
actually, if i use a dh key, then it verifies with either the tab present, or without it,

but if i use a v3 rsa key, it produces a clearsigned file with a tab in place, but does not verify at all
{either 'unchanged' with the tab in place, or with the tab removed}

my plaintext was just the two letters ab followed by a tab,
and the file saved as d:\ab.txt

here is the gnupg output {commandline Nullify 1.2.1nr1 win 98}:

 C:\gnupg>gpg --clearsign d:\ab.txt
gpg: NOTE: old default options file `C:\GnuPG\options' ignored

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "vedaal nistar <vedaal@lok.com>"
2048-bit RSA key, ID 85306D25, created 2000-09-05

gpg: writing to `d:\ab.asc'
gpg: RSA signature from: "85306D25 vedaal nistar <vedaal@lok.com>"

 C:\gnupg>gpg --verify d:\ab.asc
gpg: NOTE: old default options file `C:\GnuPG\options' ignored
gpg: armor header: Hash: RIPEMD160
:packet 63: length 11 - gpg control packet
gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.2.1-nr1 (Windows 98)
gpg: armor header: Comment: Acts of Kindness better the World, and protect the S
oul
:literal data packet:
        mode t, created 0, name="",
        raw data: 0 bytes
gpg: original file name=''
:signature packet: algo 1, keyid 6A05A0B785306D25
        version 3, created 1042651767, md5len 5, sigclass 01
        digest algo 3, begin of digest 7f bb
        data: [2047 bits]
gpg: Signature made 01/15/03 12:29:27 Eastern Standard Time using RSA key ID 853
06D25
gpg: BAD signature from "vedaal nistar <vedaal@lok.com>"

Thanks for pointing out the 2.x difference issue.

vedaal

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: