TAB at EOL (GPG and PGP interoperability)

Knut Forkalsrud knut@cj.com
Wed Jan 15 21:18:03 2003

David Shaw <dshaw@jabberwocky.com> writes:

> If you use a hash other than MD5, then GnuPG won't detect the
> message as PGP 2.x compatible so will not turn on the tab detector.

I'm just thinking it could be possible to calculate two hashes of the
same message, one ignoring TAB at end of line and the other doing it
the right way.  If the right hash doesn't look like the one in the
signature, the alternative one might match.

I'm no GPG (or PGP) expert, but is there something preventing an
approach like this from working (working in the sense working around
the bug in PGP)?

-Knut

--
The early worm gets the bird.