Problems using --keyring

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Jan 15 21:48:03 2003

--=-PWf0PV1c9XlCSepMx4y+

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 16:30, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> I'm trying to host a GPG Signing party for members of our LUG (VLUG --
> http://www.vlug.org) as described in this excelent article:
> http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html. However, the
> --keyring option in GnuPG doesn't seem to be working.
>=20
> I exported a bunch of keys to a separate file from my current public
> keyring. if I run gpg --fingerprint --keyring newkeyfile.gpg, I get
> fingerprints from my regular public keyring not the new file. It doesn't
> seem to matter if the gpg file is in armor ascii or binary format.

 - a keyring is not just exported keys written to a file, keyrings have
a special format. So you'll have to export them and then do '--keyring
blah.gpg --import < keys'

 - you may want to use the --no-default-keyring (or such) option, too,
to get the results for *only* the new keyring.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
get my gpg key here: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/92082481